Our Parish Mission Statement:
To Live and Preach the Gospel through the Example of our Lives

All Saints Parish Altar and Rosary Society

The first church to serve Catholics in North Walpole was St. Mary of Claremont, organized as a parish in 1848. In 1877 St. Peter Parish was established with several communities under its jurisdiction, namely, Charlestown, Walpole, Hinsdale, Ashuelot, Swanzey and Gilsum. In the early years, all services were well attended, due primarily to the influx of immigrants settling in the area, eager for the opportunity to continue in the practice of their faith. Within St. Peter Church, three societies were offered to the congregation. These were, The Young Ladies Sadality, The Holy Name (For the men of the parish) and the Holy Rosary. Eventually the first two disbanded. The Holy Rosary continued strongly. This group of dedicated women determined to keep the gatherings interesting and fruitful, and to help financially on various projects within the parish.

To raise money and promote the society, many different activities were planned and held with one of the eagerly anticipated events of the year – the annual lawn party. The men built booths for games, and the young people of the parish sold chances on items donated by local merchants.

At the end of the day, a delicious dinner was served to happy friends and neighbors. The hard working women laid the ground work well for the continuation of the society. They remained strong in their faith and unselfish service.

In May of 2001 the Rosary Society was reorganized and the ladies of St. Joseph Church in Walpole joined them. The name of the organization was then changed to St. Peter/St. Joseph Altar and Rosary Society. As of July, 2007, this organization has been changed to All Saints Parish Altar and Rosary Society and involves all the ladies within the parish incorporating Walpole, Charlestown, North Walpole, Drewsville, Langdon, Acworth, and Alstead.

Some of the ministries of the Altar and Rosary Society are Funeral Luncheons for parishioners…Ladies Dinner for the all the ladies of the parish…Catholic Charities of New Hampshire…Sponsorship of a CFCA child…Fall Mountain Food Shelf…Masses for former priests and members of the society who are now deceased…Fuel Donations…Retired Religious Donation…Clergy Christmas Gifts…The Christmas Bazaar which is always a hugh success… Educational sponsorship for a student attending a Catholic elementary or middle school…. Purchase of equipment for St. Peter’s kitchen…the purchase of new appliances for the kitchen and saying the entire rosary every day (each member reciting a mystery each day so the entire mysteries are said every day in our parish).

This very active ladies club meets the third Wednesday of every month at St. Peter Church Hall and any practicing Catholic woman is always welcomed to join us at any meeting. If you would like join us you may call President Kathy Golec at 603-835-6677.

The officers are:
President: Paula Gallagher – 603-904-4045
Vice President Maria Castellano
Treasurer Elaine Kirby
Secretary JoAnn Trotta

Home Page
Parish Staff
Mass Schedule & Sacraments
Bulletin
Parish Councils and Committees
Parish Ministries
Religious Ed
RCIA
Church Histories
Parish Organizations
Q & A with Fr. John
Parish Calendar of Events